Monday, July 4, 2011

A Change in the Direction of the Wind.

So, I guess I better let it be known that a month after my last post things in my life have changed quite significantly. Diogenes and I decided to go our separate ways. After distance and more distance and then some more distance, we were both tired. We also realised that we want very different things for our futures and after many long chats and hearty discussions (yes, this has been happening for a few months now) we trusted our gut that breaking up was the best option. Our decision was completely mutual and I know I can at least speak from my end that I feel like it was completely the right choice. The distance certainly made the process a lot easier and I'm sure we will forever be amazing friends. Right now? I was lucky enough to have my mum visit from Australia for two weeks and we traveled and I came back to the island completely refreshed. My heart is completely open and I feel so much gratitude for my life right now. I have bonded really well with all the new staff we had come in and feel so happy every single day. The new season brought about new work; my job has changed a little for the summer and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I am starting to make decisions about where I want to go and what I want to do for my postgrad studies and the future looks so bright right now. The wind has certainly changed direction for me, but I am happier than ever. Isn't it incredible when one door closes that another one can open so quickly?

1 comment:

  1. Wow Sarah, that sucks but I completely understand. it is so hard to make international love work. Everyone thinks it is soo romantic but really it is just mostly devastating! Glad you are so positive and sending you much love!
    xo

    ReplyDelete